Theatre school: Advanced Academy, Fridays 16-24yrs
Time: 5:45 - 9:45 PM
Brighton, East Sussex
Contact: 01273 733 736
The Academy provides a platform for young adults wishing to make the step from college to full time performing arts centres or drama schools, running parallel to their sixth form timetable or their years out working. We will give the students the skill set that they need to master the drama school audition, face the industry, be open to professional audition opportunities and secure a place at one of the top theatre schools.
We secure some of the most exciting practitioners and tutors in the country, all of whom are top professionals. We offer the students guidance, mentoring sessions and private tuition to ensure each and every student gets the most that they can from the course and to be the best that they can be. Students have progressed on to schools such as RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, Arts Ed, GSA, Mountview, Royal Welsh, CSSD, Performers, Bristol Old Vic, Drama Centre, Urdang, ALRA, Rose Bruford, LIPA….
Students have also progressed on to be extremely successful in the industry: alumni include Brenock O’Connor, Madeline Holliday, Rosie Taylor Ritson, Marisa Abela, Amy Leigh Hickman, Toby Murray, Richard Hadfield, Lucy Anderson, Chioma Uma, Roman Hayeck Green, Oscar Lloyd, Miriam Petche, Hettie Bywater to name but a few.
Creative Directors, Craig and Rebekah Whiteley are looking for driven, motivated students to train with them in a nurturing, encouraging, hard working and focussed environment.
The Advanced Academy will equip students with the necessary skills required for an audition to a leading full-time drama/performing arts school. Established in 2010, we will provide up to the minute training that promotes excellence, dedication, commitment and success. The Academy will only train those who already demonstrate the potential to become professional performers and admission is by audition only.
Tutors are of the highest calibre and are all leading industry professionals with extremely impressive performing and teaching credentials from London’s leading colleges, West End, Broadway, TV and Film. The streamlined classes offer up to 11 hours of intensive training per week.
- 1 hour of Tap per week
- 1 hour of Ballet per week
- 45 mins private singing tuition alternate weeks
- 2 hours of Pre-Professional Jazz Training
- 4 hours of group singing and group acting classes with a different focus each term
- An extra dance class of their choice including Ballet, Tap, Commercial or Body Conditioning
- 4 hours of group acting and group singing classes with a different focus each term
- 45 mins private acting tuition alternate weeks
Course Highlights and Added Value
- Regular professional, fringe and showcase performance opportunities
- Annual assessment with top Industry professionals
- Careers advice and guidance at our Headquarters in Sussex
- Advice about entering the business and support in preparing for drama school applications
- Introduction to the UK’s leading young person agency
- Opportunity to audition for top Youth Theatre Company Hungry Wolf Visionary Youth Theatre
- Gain a solid foundation in all aspects of performing arts in preparation for full-time training and the industry
- Acceptance is by audition only
- A background in performing arts training is desirable
- 100% commitment and dedication to succeed
CALL 01273 733 736 TO BOOK A FREE TRIAL!
Read more about our Audition Workshop Weekend.