The Theatre Workshop Sussex main sessions provide an hour of dance training, but if one hour a week doesn’t satisfy your need to dance we offer Boys Dance for those wanting more intensive training in addition to the main session. This class focusses on styles that suit boys and prepares them for the demands needed for partner work: Par de Deux. Dance is a powerful form of expression and communication, understanding the importance of movement is essential for any performer. The classes focus on building a sound dance technique that can be applied to many different styles.
- emphasis on posture, spatial awareness and performance technique
- all dance classes are taught by our team of highly experienced tutors
- students are not only taught steps but are taught how to rectify any faults before poor technique sets in, which can be challenging to correct at a later stage
- we cover a variety of dance styles from different eras and musical genres, placing focus on current dance trends
- students choreograph their own dances to develop imagination and expression through movement
- students often partner theatrical jazz dances with songs they have worked on in their singing classes- it takes fitness and strength coupled with correct technique to dance and sing at the same time!
Available at Brighton Saturday School.
CALL 01273 733 736 TO BOOK A FREE TRIAL!